Self Storage and Land Acquisitions
Pogoda Companies purchases select existing properties and developable land for self storage facilities in markets in which they currently have facilities or by acquiring portfolios to create a critical mass.
Once an investment is targeted, Pogoda handles all facets of the acquisition, including contract negotiations, project financing and renovation (if necessary).
If requested, we will readily participate in 1031 exchanges and can structure a purchase so that capital gains are deferred far into the future. We will also consider joint ventures.
Only properties in the strongest markets with the potential for extraordinary returns are selected. If you have an opportunity that meets our acquisition criteria contact Maurice Pogoda at 248.855.9676 or email@example.com.
Self Storage Acquisitions Criteria
- 40,000 square feet or more
- Frontage, visibility and access on a major traffic artery
- Expansion potential a plus
- Properties in lease-up
- 1.5 – 5 acres of land
- Densely populated area – minimum 50,000 people in 3-mile radius
- Minimum 100′ frontage: major traffic artery only or excellent visibility
- Minimum traffic count of 15,000 cars per day
- Minimum HH incomes of $50,000
- Availability of electric, gas, water, sewer
- M-1, I-1, B-3, C-3 zoning, depending on municipality
- Same as above (except land size);
- Big Box, industrial or multi-story retail stores
- Minimum of 60,000 square feet; or
- If ceiling heights are 20′ or more, can be as small as 30,000 sq. ft.; multi-story or not;
- Prefer clearspan